Sunday, January 3, 2016

Fitness Takes Discipline

Discipline can feel like a negative word. Remember when we were disciplined as kids? It felt horrible at the time. However, if done out of love, discipline can provide structure and a healthy lifestyle. In fact, I would say I live a pretty disciplined life when it comes to health and fitness. Discipline has helped mold me into the woman I am today.

Discipline has made the ranks of being a positive part of fitness success. It provides the drive to pursue my goals even on days where I don't feel like it. Without discipline, I think my life would be completely different. Without this structure, I wouldn't have the discipline to work out, eat the way I do, or take care of myself overall. 

Discipline includes keeping workout appointments with myself without excuses. Preparing meals ahead of time to stay accountable to eating right also takes discipline. Remaining true to fitness philosophies also takes a disciplined attitude. It could be easy to get off track, but a disciplined mind provides the strength to stay the course. 

Discipline takes on a whole new wow factor of this is a good thing for me. Maintaining fitness is our individual responsibility and the choices we make each day determine how that turns out for us. This is all about the discipline to do it and making fit happen. 

Sometimes there are bumps in the road, but it shouldn't sabotage our goals. It takes discipline to shake it off and get back to fitness business. If you happened to skip your morning workout, just push it to the afternoon or evening for example. Never throw in the towel and forget it. Being disciplined will help you find a way to be successful.  

Enjoy a sample workout video!